At the end of every year we reflect on the memories made over the last twelve months. One way to improve on your end of year experience is to give back to others. Below are suggestions on how to pay it forward.
- Pay for the car behind you in the drive thru
- Volunteer at a local charity in your off time
- Make the Christmas list you submit to family full of items you plan to give to others
- Pay for someone’s meal without them knowing
- Offer to do a service for someone for free, i.e. walk the neighbor’s dog, drive a friend to the airport, mow your parent’s yard, or shovel snow for a complete stranger
- Offer free hugs to everyone who will participate
- Try to compliment all new people you meet from now until the end of the year
- Cook a hot meal and distribute to the homeless
- Buy a dozen cups of coffee and give them away randomly on the street
- Collect gently used items and donate them to charity
- Offer to take a friend’s shift without asking for a return favor
- Leave double the tip you would normally leave for a server
- Donate a talent, i.e. take free holiday photos at the local shelter
No matter how you give back, the important thing is that you find a way to enrich the lives of those around you. Now go out and make a difference!